Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reading List

Before I started doing my news gig which ate up about an hour of my evening time, I used to be a voracious reader. I would plow through a book or two an evening depending on what tickled my fancy at the time. Mostly it was mysteries of the British variety or chick lit back then. For the past 3 years, my literary habits dropped off sharply.

I still dream that I'll make the time in between practicing violin to read full books as opposed to random magazine articles, or just huge swaths of blog posts. I made a list of stuff that sounded good in the emails I get from the Prendergast Library. Here's what I hope to find over the next few months:
  • jPod – Douglas Coupland
  • Then We Came To The End – Joshua Ferris
  • More Than You Know - Beth Gutcheon
  • Kings of Infinite Space – James Hynes
  • Sleeping with Schubert - Bonnie Marson
  • Running In Heels - Anna Maxted
  • Dedication - Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
  • The House At Riverton – Kate Morton
  • Hotel World - Ali Smith
  • The Book of Joe - Jonathan Tropper
  • The Geography of Bliss – Eric Weiner

1 comment:

battlemaiden said...

I have a copy of Sleeping With Schubert if you want to borrow it. It was all right - really good brain candy, but not a lot of substance. Definitely a quick read.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...