Monday, December 29, 2008

End Of The Year Blitz

I spent the last weekend of 2008 doing a lot of cleaning. Some of this was born out of the fact that we haven't truly had a free weekend since before August (yes, really) and that I was "nesting" (as Matt likes to call it).

I single-handedly stormed through both bathrooms, the kitchen, living room, dining room, my office, and the dog's room. Laundry was washed, dried, folded and put away. Bedding was washed, dried, and put back on beds. Paperwork in my office was shredded or filed away. Groceries were bought. Some outdoor stuff was taken care of by Matt with the finishing moves coming from me. I made Matt go through his closet while I rummaged through my own for the umpteenth time this year. Two huge bags of clothing were dropped off at a donation site.

There's still some things I need to take care of, like washing the slipcovers on the living room couch, dog's couch, dinette cushion, the dogs' pillows, and the upstairs area rugs. We'll see how that goes over the next few days. I've realized that dog hair creates most of the mess in our house.

In the meantime, for those of you who would like to join in the end of the year organizing, here's a handy list of what paperwork to shred and what to keep.

1 comment:

Makkaio said...

I cleaned up my office, organized bottles, cleaned the turtle tanks so they will hopefully never smell again!, put away clothes, stole a bunch of cars and waxed some iceholes!

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...