Thursday, December 04, 2008

Buffalo Getting A 24-Hour News Channel

Time Warner Cable has finally announced that Buffalo will be getting its own 24-hour TWC news channel.

After Adelphia got the boot in Buffalo and Time Warner took over, we knew it was only a matter of time before the Queen City got a TWC news channel. Part of that was because we heard that they were from our Time Warner Cable news friends here in Jamestown.

And speaking about that, Chautauqua County is pretty lucky to have at least one tv news station, even if only available through Time Warner, that can report on the area and local sports. Plus, it's a good training ground for reporters looking to get a start in the business. Having worked in radio news, Jamestown is a great place to get experience.

My hope, since the article mentioned that the Buffalo station will be serving Buffalo and Western New York is that Cable 8 News here in Jamestown isn't going away. It will be wait and see for now, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...