Tuesday, December 02, 2008

80 Cars Vandalized Downtown

Since Sunday night, about 80 cars have had tires slashed in downtown Jamestown.

I personally know two people who came out to their cars after a rehearsal at The Little Theatre last night to find their tires deflated. At the same time, another group of friends were parked one street over and were not affected at all. Last night's vandalism happened just a small block away from our Police Station.

Leading into the holiday season, when more events are happening in the downtown area, including the annual Holiday Parade that usually draws massive crowds, I imagine there's a good many business owners and others who are worried that people will stay away until the criminals responsible for this spree are caught.

I will admit that I'm worried as well since I will have to park near the area where these incidents have happened every night for the next 6 days.

The best we can do is keep our eyes open for whoever is responsible and hope that JPD catches them before more damage is done.

ADDENDUM: The music aficionados on the AMP started a discussion on this topic. There was hope the culprits had been caught, but not so at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...