Monday, November 03, 2008

Post Journal: Preparing For Peter Pan

We're in the final week of rehearsals for Peter Pan. Yesterday's technical rehearsal was the first time the pit orchestra got to see the actors in costume with all the sets in place on stage. While there's still some transitions and various bits and bobs to be ironed out, it's going to be a great show.

Post Journal reporter Nick Dean had a preview piece in today's paper on the musical (HT to the paper for the photo I used for this post).

From my personal part in the production, I'm hanging in there. Our lead violinist, Janice, will be unable to perform opening weekend due to other performance obligations, so I'll be flying solo on the first violin part. I'm a bit nervous about this since I'm still not solid on the music. On a positive note, Janice won't be at most of the rehearsals this week so it should force me to move from a following style of playing to leading for our section.

For those interested in catching a performance of Peter Pan, here is the list of dates that have seats still available:

Friday, November 9th 2:30pm

Friday, November 14th 7:30pm
Saturday, November 15th 2pm
Saturday, November 15th 7:30pm
Sunday, November 16th 2pm

Friday, November 21st 7:30pm
Saturday, November 22nd 2pm
Saturday, November 22nd 7:30pm

Ticket information can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...