Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Effectiveness of a New York State Program

Newspapers across the state are carrying stories today about Attorney General Tom DiNapoli's report on the effectiveness of the Empire Zone program.

Here's the full report.

My opinion? A pretty good program got fucked up. Some of the empire zones in the state fucked it up by abusing it. Some businesses made it worse by finding every loophole they could and exploiting it. We won't get into what the state did with it. Meanwhile, the empire zones that have tried to live by the law and run the program as it was intended suffer.

Just feeling bitter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...