Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Record Industry Just Doesn't Get It

This article, Download Uproar: Record Industry Goes After Personal Use, is enough to convince me to never buy a compact disc again. It completely boggles me that the RIAA would continue to take actions that will only further erode an industry they claim they're trying to save.

As it is, I can't remember the last time I walked into a music store or even ordered a disc online. Most of my music purchases over the past year and some have come from iTunes or eMusic, anyway. My downloads are all legal and about 95% of those files are DRM-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...