Thursday, December 20, 2007

Living In A Fake Empire

I know I'm a little late in coming around to fan-girl status where the song "Fake Empire" by The National is concerned.

I'm trying to verbalize the reaction I have to this song. The past few days have been difficult in terms of just smiling and keeping a positive groove, so when I heard this song the other day I felt like I was going to come out of my skin. And again, listening to this song this morning at home, I was compelled to stand up and just kind of rock in place. Buddy, our dog, stared at me and jumped along side me as I held my head and vibrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...