Saturday, November 24, 2007

Now That It's Officially the Holiday Season

HT Princess Slea

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A mixture of both

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever Matt does it, otherwise we don't put up a tree. Don't tell my aunt, who buys me at least 3 ornaments every year for Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? If it actually gets put up, the goal is to get it down before the Super Bowl

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes!!!! Java's used to make a pretty good steamed variety.

6. What is your favorite gift received as a child? I really liked a magic set I got. It had secret compartments and all kinds of tricks.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I think I have at least 2 nativity sets. That doesn't mean they get put out.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My uncles.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I've blocked it from memory. I did get something that looked like a chin rest from a pen pal, but we never figured out what it was other than that he sewed it for me. It was more endearing than bad.

11. Mail or email Christmas card? I usually give the card with the gift.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. Duh! As if there's any other Christmas movie??? Kidding. A Charlie Brown's Christmas gets high marks from me (on this Tuesday at 8pm).

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I remember that I need to do that. This year, I bought the first gift sometime in September.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't believe so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cheese pierogis!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like both.

17. Favorite Christmas song?


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to Buffalo

19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? Probably, but I'm not in the mood to try

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? I use an ornament of Winnie-the-Pooh hoisting Tigger up to put a star on top of the tree as my tree topper. If the tree gets up.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My family opens its presents on Christmas Eve and then we open some more with Matt's family on Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The grinch in me would say "the holiday" but I do like Christmas to a degree. I think it's the hustle the really annoys me.

1 comment:

princess slea said...

aw...put on some upbeat christmas music and dig out that tree. there is a such a peaceful feeling sitting in the dark with the lights twinkling. i love it.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...