Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Size Of It

For those of you who haven't met me in person, I'm what some like call "vertically challenged." Being 5'2 with the occasionally petite frame can make buying clothes off the rack that don't need to be altered a challenge. It's the kind of challenge that makes me despise shopping just a little.

The heavens parted a little on Sunday and the rays of proper pant lengths shone down on me in the form of The Gap. I went in not expecting to find anything, but then I discovered that The Gap now has "ankle length" pants. A very helpful sales associate pulled several styles of pants for me to try on, in a size smaller than what I have been wearing. They all fit. To say I was jubilant is an understatement. I even overheard another sales associate say to Matt, "Wow! She's really excited!"

The pants fit so well that I might, for the first time ever, even feel confident about ordering additional styles online!

Now I just need to get over the fact that child labor was used for production of some of their children's clothes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one problem with outsourcing. Not only are companies not supporting our local economy they may be (unwittingly) exploiting children and other workers in order to bring us low low prices.

battlemaiden said...

Those are nice looking slacks indeed!

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...