Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Twitterings at Artist Share

Saturday's Artist Share session on creative writing/poetry as a nice experience. While not as many people brought writings to share, there was a good discussion about what inspires us to write and authors who impacted us as writers.

I shared that Carolyn Keene played a big role in my development as a writer. I think it's funny that I had to name a pseudonym, since there were so many writers for the Nancy Drew series. The story I told was about the time we had to write ghost stories for a reading class in sixth grade. I used the word "sobered" to describe the mood of one of my characters at some point.

My reading teacher asked, "That's a great word. Where did you come up with that?"

I answered simply, "Nancy Drew."

The piece I chose to read to everyone was "Twitterings". It was well-received and it was suggested that I stamp a copyright on that word. I joked that I was a step behind since there was a new service called Twitter.

Next month's theme for Artist Share is visual art. I encourage anyone who may dabble in any kind of visual arts to attend. It's a very gentle atmosphere where you don't have to be afraid of being torn down. That alone is a reason to go aside from being able to see all the neat things people can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...