Friday, June 09, 2006

The Best Kinds of Summer Days

On Tuesday, I had to travel to our county seat for jury duty. The crowd that filled the courtroom was quite happy to hear that we were all dismissed because all six cases that had been lined up pled guilty. As a result, I got a half day out of the deal.

Now, I could have spent the rest of the day doing laundry and switching over my summer/winter wardrobe. Instead, I decided to enjoy my enclosed front porch, and sit on my couch reading Charming Thirds by Megan McCafferty.

Later on, I kept the good summer feeling going by indulging in some limoncello my parents brought back from Sorrento, Italy.




This is my favorite way to spend sunny summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...