Monday, February 06, 2006

Networking that Matt(ers)

A pretty good article on networking appeared in Sunday's D&C. Somehow I wasn't surprised to read Matt's name. I always say it's a small world and you never know how people are connected.

I suppose it's a good time to steal some lines from Matt and the article and mention that I'm open to any new job possibilities right now.

From a networking standpoint, I suppose things are going okay for me. Ever since I did "The Living Christmas Tree" I've gotten calls about joining trios, quartets, fiddle groups and other music related ventures. I joked that it only took 6 years for the musical doors to open in this area for me. I've always said it's who you know that will get you where you want to go. I've gotten two jobs that way.

I also couldn't be more busy in my personal life. Between Warren Civic Orchestra, the radio news gig I do nightly, pilates at the Y, my regular work-schedule, and random stuff around the house, I haven't had time to relax. I keep thinking life will settle down soon, but this is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...