Friday, August 12, 2005

Many Thanks

I want to thank everyone who commented, sent email, or even came to my Grandma's funeral this past Wednesday. I think everyone in my family agrees that the service and party afterwards are just what she had hoped for. She even got a little more than she bargained for with Matt's eulogy. I will have to post that sometime because he caught the essence of my Grandma and what she stood for that day. All that and made people laugh. I was also fortunate enough and blessed to have Heidi and family friend, Ellen, accompany me on vocals and piano as I played "Amazing Grace" and "How Great Thou Art" on the violin.

I'm still having sad moments and I know it will get pretty hard when we finally sell her house and the holidays approach. I am grateful for the time we had with her over the past nine months, even though most of that time wasn't so great for her in terms of the pains of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...