Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Slipping Into Summer

Every summer I try to make up a mix tape/play list of music to fit the mood of the season. Last year the mix sang the praises of the likes of Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, and The Killers. In 2000, Portishead, XTC, and The Cure spun around in the heat. It was a bit more mellow in 1994, with Sting, Eric Clapton, and U2.

This year I mixed it up a bit. It's inspired by iTunes, WBER, and CFNY. It includes the most misogynist song I've ever owned. If you find a copy of it, listen and you'll understand the humor I found. Here's the list as of today:

Green Day - Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Metric - Dead Disco
Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Beck - E-Pro
Chemical Brothers - Galvanize
The Decemberists - 16 Military Wives
Ben Folds - B*tches Ain't Sh*t
Queens Of The Stone Age - Little Sister
Coldplay - Fix You
Gorrilaz - Feel Good Inc.
The Caesars - Jerk It Out
G Love & Special Sauce - Cold Beverage
Daft Punk - Technologic
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
Bloc Party - Banquet
Ellie Lawson - Gotta Get Up From Here
Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent & varied list!

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...