Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Crazy Idea to Save the Planet

A lot of bizarre things have transpired over the Internet. The latest is World Jump Day.

The idea is to get 600-million people to jump at the same exact time in order to change the Earth's planetary position. The theory is that if we can knock our planet into a new orbit that we could "stop global warming, extend daytime hours and create a homogenous climate." Sound nuts? Apparently 85 milllion have registered to jump to try to accomplish this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, but we have to be careful... a jump to the left sends us hurtling towards the sun... but if I stand in NY, is my jump to the left the same as a jump to the left for someone in Russia?
It's just too confusing...

Anonymous said...

This is a really old idea, and I'm surprised its still around. I remember hearing about it in the late 80's or early 90's. Think some group in China tried to get everyone in china to jump off their toilet at the same time to change the orbital path of the eart for one reason or another, but people either forgot or got the date wrong so it never worked.
Seriously.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...