Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Fine Dining Returns To Jamestown

Over the past two months, two fine dining establishments have opened, or re-opened, in the city of Jamestown. Matt and I had dinner at The Ironstone last Monday. This restaurant has gone through several owners, a major fire, and other happenings to now be owned by the same group that owns Olive's, The Watermark, and La Fleur in the Mayville area. The service was very professional, even though I had to giggle a little at the seriousness of our young waiter. Matt had the prime rib special that came with mashed horseradish potatoes. I had a the grilled ahi tuna with Asian cucumber salad. Both were excellent. For dessert, Matt had their molten chocolate dish which he compared to the chocolate souffle he had on our cruise, but better. I had the creme brulee, which was very good but I couldn't finish it. Matt sipped tea while I splurged on an Late Harvest Vidal Blanc ice wine from Heron Hill Winery. A very enjoyable dinner and we would definitely go back again.

Also now open next to the Reg Lenna Civic Center is Forte. The menu changes daily, so take a look. We're hoping to have dinner there sometime soon (maybe Valentine's Day? They take reservations *hint hint*).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...