Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Chili Night


Southern Tier Pilsner & Chili Posted by Hello

I made my Aunt Stella's chili recipe today. It's an easy dinner if you have a crock pot:

1 lb hamburger
1 can kidney beans; drained & rinsed
1 can tomatoes (whole or diced depending on your preference)

Optional Items:

chopped onions
chopped green peppers
chili powder
tabasco sauce

Mix everything together and set the crock pot for 10 hours. Go to work. Come home. Mix the chili up, dish into bowl, add some cheddar cheese on top and enjoy. I will add that Matt added some tomato paste just before I got home to thicken the mixture. I would definitely add more beans, onions, green peppers, and perhaps some corn the next time around. But it was a very enjoyable dinner, paired with a Southern Tier Brew Pilsner, on this frigid, winter night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I quite like southern tier when I bought a mixed 12 pack last summer. IPA was my favorite but I am one of those hop mad gits.

Alan in Kingston
http://beerblog.genx40.com

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...