Thursday, September 09, 2004

I'll Take What We Get Here...

With Hurricane Ivan now a Category 5 hurricane with winds topping out at 160 mph, I am even more resolute about not moving too far from Western New York. Sure we received over 4 inches rain in some areas of the county due to remnants of Hurricane Frances, but even that's not so bad.

Someone even suggested that it wouldn't be so terrible if that rain had been snow instead. The figures this acquantance presented was that 4 inches of rain equals 12 inches of heavy, wet snow and 20 inches of light-weight snow. If someone can find me the science behind this, please leave a note in the comments section for this post.

Either way, the result is generally good downhill or cross-country skiing. Four inches of rain? Can't have any fun with that! At least that I know of around here.

Take that Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...