Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Going Home...

This weekend, Matt and I are traveling back to Rochester for the first time since the beginning of July for an early celebration of my mom's birthday. When we arrive Friday night, the current plans are to go bowling and then have a few drinks with Heidi, Ryan, Sean, Anne, Beth, Jeff, Ben, Susan, and possibly Courtney if she gets out of work at a reasonable time.

Saturday, the only plans set are going to The Reunion with my parents and my Aunt Carol and Uncle Don for dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday and belatedly celebrate my Aunt & Uncle's 30th wedding anniversary. Afterwards is dessert, featuring the most delicious ice cream cake from some bakery in Webster. My dad has been getting this cake for my mom for over 20 years I believe. It's a layered cake with vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream; next to layers of frozen, crushed pineapples and strawberries.

Sunday, I hear the "boys" are going golfing while the women are going down to Naples for the Annual Grape Festival.

Truth is, I miss "home". I got that pang of homesickness when I saw the featured photo of the O'Rorke Bridge. At least I'll be back there again next weekend as well for a wedding, so hopefully I can get in some of my favorite things to do while in Rochester over these two weeks.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

It will very likely be an entertaining weekend. I just have to be sure that a certain someone doesn't drink so much that she's dibilitated by a hang-over Saturday...

battlemaiden said...

Who would that be? ;o)

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...