Thursday, August 19, 2004

Cutting a Bridge Open

The new Patrick O'Rorke Bridge in Rochester, NY is set to officially open on October 2, 2004 with the bridge opening to traffic about a month before that. The demolition of the beloved Stutson Street bridge is set to happen sometime this early Fall. I will be in town the weekend of the ribbon cutting for the new bridge so I can attend a friend's wedding. On a neat little note of coincidence, we had to use the Stutson Street bridge in order to get to the church I grew up in, which is where we met the family of my friend who is getting married. Everything comes around full circle eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...