Tuesday, April 06, 2004

*shakes finger* Bad PMS!

I thought I was coming down with the flu when I woke up yesterday. The symptoms of body aches, chest congestion, coughing, and general exhaustion pointed that way. Thankfully it was only PMS. Some months I wonder which would be worse. I do have to sigh and make a I'm-not-happy-with-your-behavior-now-go-sit-in-a-corner-and-think-about-what-you-did face at my PMS since some of my actions over the past week or so now make sense. I become more frank when that time of the month rolls around. I find myself saying things that are often the truth, but I decide I don't care how blunt the words are when they come out of my mouth. Here's to hoping my friends and family still like me!

One particular discussion where I was frank involved the guest list for the wedding. My mom and I don't really see eye-to-eye on this one. She wants to limit the list to 200 people, while I'm trying to explain that if we do that we'll have to cut out friends that we really want to have at the wedding. Matt and I have insisted that we'll pay for however many people come over 200, but my mom seems to be more concerned about only having enough decorations for 25 tables, so we can't possibly invite anymore than 200 people. What my mom forgets is that Matt and I have control over ordering the invitations and she really can't stop us from innocently sending out invites to the friends that we want there. The list stands at 189 before Matt's mom adds her family members. Make that 193. I just thought of two more people (plus their guests) that need to be added.

In more positive news, we had our engagement photo taken this weekend. Came out nice. Now we just need to pick one to send to some of the local papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...