Thursday, February 26, 2004

These Dreams Go On When I Close My Eyes...

I woke up feeling drained, as though I had worked late last night. Funny enough, if I was still full-time I would have been at a meeting that didn't end until 10:30 PM, but anyway...

My dream consisted of various scenes from standing on some rocks on the beach of Durand-Eastman Park discussing the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" with my friend, Ben, to seeing people who would potentially act in a movie based on that book. That dream is easy to explain since I had a conversation about that with Stenz this past Saturday. The next dream was slightly odd.

I dreamt I was in my bedroom at my parent's house and it was set up exactly how it used to look while I was growing up (instead of the sewing room/guest room mess that it is now). In my dream I had to tell a huge Grateful Dead fan that Jerry Garcia had died. He didn't know apparently. I was so upset for him that I started sobbing. It was the kind of crying that wracks your whole body, complete with soaking through a wash cloth with tears and snot. Not a pretty picture. I find it funny that I would be so upset over Jerry dying as I'm not a Dead fan. I figured, based on the interpretation copied below, that I was just working out stuff in my sleep. Like that's anything unusual, but I've never cried like this before in a dream.

Dream Interpretation:

To dream that you are crying, signifies a release of negative emotions that is more likely caused by some waking situation rather than the events of the dream itself. Your dream is a way to regain some emotional balance and a way to safely let out your fears and frustrations. In our daily lives, we tend to ignore, deny, or repress our feelings. But in our dream state, our defense mechanisms are no longer on guard and thus allow for the release of such emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...