Friday, January 02, 2004

Well Ring A Ding Ding!

So I'm wishing you all a Happy New Year and stuff and wondering how the hell I'm going to cure my darn earworm of "Hey Ya!" by the Outkast when I realize that in less than eight months I'll be married. While pondering my demise as a singleton, I also realize that 2003 was not always the most damn fine year I had come across. On the otherhand, karma speaks louder than words so the rollercoaster that the year was all seems to be in balance in the end.

Things to be happy about? First and foremost, my engagement to a guy who happens to be the best match I've ever come across. The verdict is still out on whether we'll procreate, but otherwise we've found excellent ways of putting up with each other's shite so why not seal the deal?

And in no particular order, other bouts of happiness realized came in the form of my best friend's wedding, a trip to the Maritimes, Canada with my parents and grandmother, a trip to Wilmington, NC to meet Matt's brother, claiming victory once more with the re-election of Matt's boss, the Sabres playing in Rochester, the release of the fifth Harry Potter book, a trip to NYC to do wedding shopping, discovering Coldplay, seeing my cousin Bill for the first time in about 10 years and meeting his partner, Bob; my cousin, Karen's wedding; The Da Vinci Code, getting John Flansberg's autograph, the Fountains of Wayne new album, the release of Gigantic: A Tale of Two Johns on DVD, a bevy of good films including Bend It Like Beckham, A Mighty Wind, Love, Actually and Pirates of The Caribbean; and many other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...