Saturday, December 20, 2003

Gave My Best For Three Years...

I'm not a big lyrics poster on here just because it's not quite the same as being able to hear the song at the same time. However, if you can find a way to check out "The First Single" by The Format, off the album Interventions & Lullabies, do it. It's an incredible song (Longer than 30 second sound clip here). I know they're playing it on WBER right now because that's where I heard it last weekend on the Internet site. This song, the theme song for Queer Eye, and Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet are three songs that currently can get me out of seat and dance like I mean it.

In the meantime, here are the lyrics to "The First Single":

i can't stand to think about, a heart so big it hurts like hell
oh my god i gave my best but for three whole years to end like this
well do you want to fall apart, i can't stop if you cant start
do you want to fall apart, i could if you can try to fix what i've undone
cause i hate what ive become

(chorus) you know me, oh you think you do you just dont seem to see
i've been waiting all this time to be, something i can't define
so lets cause a scene, clap our hands and stomp our feet or something, yeah something
i've just got to get myself over me

i could stand to do without, all the people i have left behind
whats the point in going around when its a straight line baby, a straight line down
so lets make a list of who me need and its not much, if anything
lets make a list of who we need and we'll throw it away
cause we dont need anyone
no we dont need anyone

(chorus)

and i hate what i've become
you know the night life is just not for me
cause all you really need are a few good friends
i dont want to go out and be on my own you know they started something
i cant stand you leave for the city,
well count me out cause all this time is wasted on everything ive done

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...