Friday, October 10, 2003

The Great Traditions of Fall

As we ease into the Columbus Day holiday weekend, there are the traditional fall festivals that are set to take place in many areas around the country. Here in Chautauqua County, we add a twist to enjoying nature's splendor by hurling it through the air at high velocity. Yes sir, the annual Pumpkin Hurling Festival is scheduled for this weekend in Busti, NY. And before you think it's just a crazy idea that some bored farmers came up with down here, pumpkin hurling has its roots in Delaware. This is serious stuff! This event is at the top of my list for an Americana Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...