Monday, September 15, 2003

Hurricanes of Thought

I've been watching the developments of Hurricane Isabel with some interest. Mostly because some computer models show the remnants of the storm eventually passing right through the Southern Tier area between Friday and Saturday. This made me wonder if this was similar at all to what Hurricane Agnes did in 1972. Quick research shows the storms were very dissimilar. On the other hand, Drudge provides a link suggesting Isabel is more like the Hurricane of 1938. Either way, it's cause for worry. Matt's brother and family lives in Wilmington, NC while Rochester Matt has family in Amityville, NY and Providence, RI. And I won't get into the countless people I know in the Washington DC area that probably would be affected by heavy rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...