Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Taking Walkies

I was able to convince Matt post-dinner to go for a walk with me last night. We live a couple blocks from Lakeview Cemetery (some images here) and it's a quite tranquil place. A lot of the residents that live in the blocks around the cemetery use it for walking or relaxing under the tall trees. A intertwining system of roads roll through the small hills and plots. We live just far enough away that we don't actually get to the cemetery much. I enjoyed walking through and looking at the old gravestones. You could see where some recent burials had taken place. Sure it's no Mt. Hope Cemetery, but it does have its share of interesting monuments and a famous resident, Lucille Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...