Friday, February 07, 2003

Where's the J.P.?

I'm about ready to tell Matt to have his boss marry us and just be done with it. My mom is driving me nuts. I love her and all, but I think she forgets that I'm the one getting married and that she already got to plan and go through with her own wedding over 30 years ago. I'm like any other girl. I've had visions of what I wanted for a wedding ceremony building for years and the latest incarnation (for the past 8 years or so) has not included Christianity. Therefore, I was thoroughly ticked off to find out my mom thought it was ok to tell people I was getting married in my aunt and uncle's (my mom's brother) Lutheran Church. They had offered the church and even had talked to the pastor there. I talked to my uncle, but never said "Oh yeah, we're definitely getting married there.. it's gonna be great!" In fact, after talking to him and my other aunt (my mom's sister) I had pretty much come to the conclusion that a ceremony in the Unitarian Universalist Church was exactly the route we were going to take. Even if that meant paying for the whole shebang ourselves. Nothing like a feeling of helplessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...