Friday, December 20, 2002

Wobbling On Skates

Matt had the brilliant idea to go check out the new Jamestown Savings Bank Ice Arena tonight. I hadn't been there yet, so I was game. The place is quite nice. Sure, when hockey players walk by you get a whiff of sweat-soaked gear, but aside from that it's a beautiful new facility. We took advantage of the open skate going on last night. We knew one of the guys taking care of the rink, so he let us on to skate on the newly-Zambonied ice for five minutes before everyone else was allowed on the ice. It would have been awesome if not for the fact that my rental skates (figure skating-style) were crushing my feet. I sat out for a few minutes and then traded in my skates for hockey skates. Much better! So we now have a new extracurricular activity we enjoy doing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...