Tuesday, December 10, 2002


I'm Not In the Mood For This

After working a super long day today, typing pages and pages for an enormous Medicaid piece (will provide link very soon), I think: Hey, won't it be great to go home this Saturday to see Vanessa Carlton at Water Street Music Hall? Yeah. Well, my friend tried to get me a ticket where she bought two yesterday and they were sold out. I tried to buy one online from TicketMaster. No luck. I'm hoping it's just a glitch and there's actually tickets left somewhere in Rochester. *sighs* Add that on top of my lack of enthusiasm for the holidays and it's wrapping up to be a great season. The tree is up with lights, but I don't think I'm going to decorate it. I don't feel like sending Christmas cards. I don't think I'm going to this year. I don't even want to finish shopping for gifts or making the traditional peanut brittle and fudge (which are just more gifts). I just need a break. I think I've hit the peak of my burn out from July. I have only so much energy to exert right now, and work is the only thing that's going to get it because I have to work. I'm at this point of not caring though. I'm not even excited about New Orleans next month. When I say it feels adolescent, I'm not being condescending. It just reminds me of how the stress felt when I was an "adolescent" aka in my mid to late teens and early 20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...