Wednesday, December 04, 2002


..and a can of fake snow..

As I drove onto the ramp to get onto Interstate-86, a wild scene lay out before me. The trees on the surrounding hillsides were covered with snow as if someone took a can of fake snow, some movie set snow, and a few cottonballs for good measure and liberally doused the countryside. It was pretty amazing and very pretty. It was the same way brushing off my car this morning. There was several inches of fluff on my car that I could have probably removed with one big breath. Images of skiing down one of the local slopes this weekend filled my head. It is really wonderful living here sometimes. It may get cold, blustery, slushy, and icky, but as Donn Esmonde from The Buffalo News stated in his column today, it's real here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...