Friday, November 08, 2002


Away For the Holiday

Matt and I are headed off to catch some art and hockey this weekend. It begins with the Modigliani exhibit at Albright-Knox in Buffalo, progresses to the early-Christmas gift of a Sabres Hockey game with my Dad, and ends with the Degas exhibit at the Rochester Memorial Art Gallery. I'm sure much merriment will be intertwined with these three events. I'm hoping, since the weather will be nice, to stroll along Elmwood Avenue and peeking in some of the gift shops. I'm also hoping that we might be able to take in a film while in Rochester.. maybe Frida, Punch Drunk Love, or even White Oleander. Of course I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a few friends, but the holidays always seem to take them away to someplace or another. The lure of a mini-holiday in the country (AKA Finger Lakes or Adirondacks for Rochester people, Toronto for Buffalo people) is just too strong I guess. Me? I'll take a mini-holiday away from the country thankyouverymuch. Bring on the martinis and black pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...