Friday, May 03, 2002

Back to the Digital Age

Our computer will be returned by the beginning of next week. This is good news. It also means better blogs from me. Good news for you, the reader! I'm hoping these past two computer-less weeks don't completely revert back to the digital world I was extreamly connected to before. I actually got to spend some time with Matt, which included completing some very overdue chores in our house (buying mini-blinds for our bedroom windows, buying gardening tools, washing the floors downstairs).

I also got to watch "Heritage House" on PBS. Excellent series if it goes on repeat in your viewing area. It's only 6 one-hour episodes, so it's easy to see all in a short time (3 days for me). I also did a little reading. Nothing too heavy. Just got caught up on some magazines floating around the house and read "The Nannies Diary." I think that's what it's called. Good read. Although it did make me pretty livid at how people with money can treat those with less. Not that all wealthy people are like that, but since this book's (fiction by the way) story was drawn from the writer's experience as nannies you know that some of this shit actually happens. It really cemented for me that I would have to be a stay-at-home mom if I had kids, just because I wouldn't want to plop my kid in daycare or get a nanny for christ's sake.

Ok. Done ranting. Will catch up you all later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...