Thursday, January 31, 2002


Waiting By The Phone

I’m waiting on several phone calls at the moment. I can’t go any further on the press releases I’m writing until I hear from them. Reminds me of being in news. I can remember sitting on many a story simply because I couldn’t get more information because the person in the know had not returned my call. It’s a good thing we don’t have as strict deadlines here. I would like to put out at least one release tomorrow, but that may be out of the question unless I get at least one call back. In the meantime, I’m using this down period to blog.

Winter Fog & Rain

It’s been raining all day. Sometimes a little bit of snow has mixed in as sleet. It’s now raining with fog settling in for the late afternoon. Would you call that “frain” or “rog?” It’s quite beautiful actually since the snow on the ground and gray skies have created this almost continuous blank palette. Some gray strokes of tree branches emerge through the milk. In North County it’s apparently more ice than rain. I’m worried it will be the same in Jamestown. Ice build up can look amazing, but it’s a bitch to drive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...