Wednesday, January 09, 2002


A Song that Followed Me

For a month or so, it seemed wherever I went, whatever radio station I had on, “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind would be playing. Now, if it weren’t for the fact that the song was over 4 years old it wouldn’t seem odd that it was playing repeatedly on almost every station it seemed. I think I noticed it even more because the lead singer (in the video for the song) very vaguely reminded me of another friend of mine. So, I’d hear this song and think of my friend by association. Maybe I’ve noticed the song more just because I haven’t heard from this friend in months. It just seemed strange. Anything ever happen like that to you?

I really need to find a way to get back my comments feature without causing massive agony within my blog template.

Have Car. Will Travel.

Matt and I are starting to look at the next couple months for trip possibilities. I’m dying to go home to Rochester and it looks like we might be able to do that next weekend. I just need to check with my parents to make sure it’s cool. And check with my boss to make sure he’s cool with me taking a half day next Friday. I’m sure it won’t be an issue after I work practically an extra day or more with all the meetings I have to go to. The other possible getaway is a trip to Cleveland the weekend of President’s Day. I haven’t seen Heidi in forever and haven’t been to Cleveland for an equally long time.

Traveling came up while I was chatting with Heidi on I.M. last night. I miss the spontaneity of just getting in the car and taking off when the spirit moves me. It was cool my first year at Buffalo State to be able to take off for Cleveland or Rochester when I felt like it. Now I have to consider my schedule, Matt’s schedule and whatnot before I do anything. There was one weekend I would have just taken off if it weren’t for the fact that Matt couldn’t go with me. Guess it’s called getting older or something. Part of me thinks that’s just a load of bunk and that I should still try to maintain some of that spontaneity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...