Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Fabulous End to Pride Month





Canada Lawmakers Approve Gay Marriage Bill

I can remember back in 1996 when my college friends and I thought Hawaii might become the first state to legalize gay marriages, and how some of my friends talked about going to the Netherlands to get married. And then how I teased my cousin, Bill, that he must get his partner Bob to Ontario, Canada and get married since his sister had finally gotten married at age 40-something. He laughed and said maybe if it became legal in Massachusetts. A year later that became reality. I'm so very happy to see our neighbors to the north doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...