Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Ok, Who Unplugged The Internet?

Yesterday, just when I had to do some news story searches for work, the Internet seemed to grind to a halt. Seeing as how our office is on a T-1 line, I couldn't figure out if it was our network or something else. Well, lucky for me and many other people, Meg gave us the heads-up that it wasn't just our office or a small section of the United States. This slowdown was World Wide, baby, or at least in a Trans-Atlantic sense.

You can read in comments various people's thoughts on what caused this. According to The Register, it was an undersea cable that's probably been broken/stretched. Do I really understand what all that means? Not really, but I feel better knowing it wasn't my fault!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...