Monday, February 10, 2003

Dealing With Living in a Google-World

As found via Newmark's Door, a story about how Google has changed personal privacy.

I found the article pretty interesting since I do have a habit of Googling all sorts of items from people to products to other miscellaneous things. And I have done the "vanity google" to find out what's out there about me. I happy to report that nothing that very revealing comes up and I even found out that I lived only 2 hours away from someone else with the same name at one point in my life. I've also googled friends and found out that most of them have no prescence on the web. Not a bad thing, but you'd always want to let them know if you found something they might want to be aware of. Funny stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...